Wednesday, October 19, 2005

- - = = Racing = = - -

It's a simple thing
how I feel about you
but kind of hard to explain
I could explain it better
maybe
with a background of Coltrane
or while frying some chicken
with you
sittin at the kitchen table
watching me
cook
both of us getting hot
in that kitchen
It's a simple thing
how i feel about you
but kind of hard to explain
sometimes its easier to just
talk
about measures of
emotion
and pain
I dont know
maybe it's silly to try and define
feelings
when it's clear
we're on each others mind
and moments in time
remain
frozen
like the left side of my bed
when your not here
and when you are here
i keep looking at you
searching your face
so as not to forget
your eyes
your lips
your beard.......tracing
the side of your cheek
and thinking.......
there's nothing more romantic
than my ear against your chest
hearing your heartbeat......
racing.



© Chase

2 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

nice - sounds like lyrics to a Jill Scott song!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Motherhood is Here said...

freaking awesome. second post on chicken tonight. Dangit I'm hungry!

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home